The Legacy Foundation is pleased to announce awards totaling $135,255 to Cycle 34 Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund grant recipients. Recent grant money awarded will help nonprofits improve public safety, community development and vitality, Arts, and culture. Health care, and Education. At the Legacy Foundation, we are excited to watch our nonprofits continue to grow and help improve many aspects of the community.
Since the first Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund grant cycle in 2011, the Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund has awarded $4,894,951 to nonprofit organizations that serve Wapello County. The most recent Wapello County nonprofit organizations to receive BICEF grants are:
- Agency Fireman Inc for Wapello County Emergency Management to assist with the development of the Wapello Ready app that will be a one-stop digital place for residents to find local government services.
- Cardinal Youth Foundation to purchase fitness machines.
- Gothic Area Tourism of Eldon for Eldon Public Library to assist with improvements to the library parking lot.
- Iowa Legal Aid to assist with costs associated with a second Expungement & Employment Barriers Clinic.
- Lucky Start Rescue and Rehabilitation for the Soap Creek Saddle Club to improve the riding facilities.
- Main Street Ottumwa for the Historic Preservation Commission to assist with the development of an Ottumwa Historic Preservation Plan.
- Ottumwa Community Schools Foundation to assist with the E-Sports Program Expansion at OHS, Gateway, and Evans Middle School.
- Ottumwa Symphony Orchestra to assist with funds for operational costs and equipment for two start-up youth orchestras.
At the Ottumwa Legacy Foundation, we recognize and embrace the critical role that we can play in the community as a catalyst for positive change. We are doing this by initiating and advancing promising ideas, making grants, convening conversations, promoting collaboration, providing sound information, and celebrating success.
We are always looking to support new and innovative ideas and efforts that can have measurable impacts on the residents and communities in Wapello County. We highly encourage all local nonprofits to submit applications to Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund. The next online Bright Ideas application cycle opens on February 1st ,2023. To learn more about all grant programs available visit our website www.ottumwalegacy.org.