2021 Strategic Plan
To improve the health, education and vitality of the Ottumwa area.
We recognize and embrace the critical role that we can play in the community as a catalyst for positive change.
- Partner with economic development entities in their efforts to stimulate business recruitment, retention and expansion
- Identify strategies to fill employment gaps and increase the number of individuals living and working in Wapello County
- Support initiatives that equip community with resources necessary for healthy economic environment
- Support efforts to improve early learning environments
- Support programs that increase the number of individuals with degrees, diplomas and certifications
- Support programs that provide exposure to career opportunities in Wapello County
- Partner with education entities in their efforts to provide first class learning opportunities
- Build and enhance brand and image of Ottumwa
- Work in alignment with Comprehensive Plan to improve City appearance
- Leverage City resources to spur economic development and quality of life offerings
- Support opportunities for every resident to participate in the social, economic and civil life of the community
- Support the efforts of our partners to remove or rehabilitate dilapidated housing
- Partner with various entities to increase the local inventory of market rate housing
- Through research and collaboration, Identify strategies to increase housing quality and quantity
Ongoing grant programming in alignment with mission to strengthen local nonprofits and strategically leverage resources for community impact.