2022 Strategic Plan
To improve the health, education and vitality of the Ottumwa area.
We recognize and embrace the critical role that we can play in the community as a catalyst for positive change.
- Support effective economic development strategies that stimulate business recruitment, retention and expansion
- Identify opportunities to fill employment gaps and increase the number of individuals living and working in Wapello County
- Collaborate with partners to equip the community with resources necessary for a healthy economic environment
- Support programming that increases the number of individuals with degrees, diplomas, certifications and licensure
- Advance efforts that provide exposure to post-secondary pathways and career opportunities in Wapello County
- Partner with education entities in their pursuits to provide excellent and innovative learning opportunities to all students
- Build and enhance perception, pride and image of Ottumwa
- Leverage City resources to spur economic development and quality of life offerings through riverfront and park activation
- Promote opportunities for residents to participate in the social, economic and civil life of the community
- Support the efforts of partners to remove or rehabilitate deficient housing
- Partner with various entities to increase the local inventory of quality housing at all levels
- Through research and collaboration, identify strategies to elevate local home values, strengthen neighborhoods and eliminate barriers for redevelopment and home ownership
Ongoing grant programming in alignment with mission to strengthen local nonprofits and strategically leverage resources for community impact.