The Legacy Foundation is pleased to announce awards totaling $135,760 to the 2023 Summer Cycle Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund grant recipients. Recent grant money awarded will help nonprofits improve community development and vitality, arts, and culture, health care, and education. At the Legacy Foundation, we are excited to watch our nonprofits continue to grow and help improve many aspects of the community.
The following 8 organizations received the most recent grant awards:
- BIO Girls, Inc. for startup funds for a BIO Girls chapter in Ottumwa
- Bridge View Center Inc. for Harmony Park sunshade
- First Resources Inc.: for residential treatment center renovations
- Heartland Humane Society: for the construction of a new animal shelter
- Rippling Waters Inc: for infrastructure connections for 2 homes
- Southeast Iowa Symphony Orchestra: to support for the Kidsymphony
- Wapello County Children’s Alliance: to assist with parent café in Wapello County
- Wapello County Trails Council: to assist with Wabash Pedestrian Bridge
At the Ottumwa Legacy Foundation, we recognize and embrace the critical role that we can play in the community as a catalyst for positive change. We are doing this by initiating and advancing promising ideas, making grants, convening conversations, promoting collaboration, providing sound information, and celebrating success.
We are always looking to support new and innovative ideas and efforts that can have measurable impacts on the residents and communities in Wapello County. We highly encourage all local nonprofits to submit applications to Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund. The next online Bright Ideas application cycle opens on September 15th, 2023. To learn more about all grant programs available visit our website www.ottumwalegacy.org.