Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation’s Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund program recently hit an all-time high in funding requests. The spring grant cycle received requests totaling over $509,000. Grant funding was awarded to the following area nonprofits:
- Agency Community Development Corporation for the purchase of new computers for the Agency Public Library
- Evans Middle School to purchase equipment for their new fitness center
- Growing Wapello Together for the Downtown Farmers’ Market
- Izaak Walton League to help with the installation of a culvert that will repair and prevent further creek bank erosion
- Ottumwa Boxing Club to purchase a new boxing ring and workout equipment
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association for the purchase of playground equipment for their Head Start preschool in Eldon
- Ottumwa Community School Foundation to help with college campus visits for middle and high school students
- Wapello County Sheriff’s Reserve to support the purchase of updated equipment to outfit a patrol vehicle for the Sheriff’s Reserve
The Bright Ideas program was set up as a cornerstone program to support local 501(c)(3) nonprofits that serve to enrich the quality of life for the residents of Ottumwa and Wapello County. Due to the astounding growth of the grant program, the Legacy Board of Directors has approved a few changes to the application process. The changes restrict organizations to two grant applications per calendar year and one application per funding cycle. These restrictions go into effect with the June 2017 grant cycle. “It is our hope that organizations will be more strategic in their grant applications allowing us to support more area nonprofits through our grant program,” stated Amy Nossaman, Grants Program Manager. Since 2011, the Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund has awarded a total of $2,453,760 to 92 different area nonprofits.
The Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund has three competitive grant cycles each year and awards up to $150,000 in each cycle. The summer grant cycle opens June 1, 2017. If you would like more information or application assistance for the Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund, please contact Amy Nossaman, Grants Program Manager email@example.com or 641.455.5260.