The Board of Directors, Staff, and Grant Review Committee members of the Ottumwa Regional Legacy Foundation are pleased to announce the latest grant recipients of the Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund. Since the first grant cycle in 2011, the Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund has awarded $4,104,087 to nonprofit organizations that serve Wapello County.
The most recent Wapello County nonprofit organizations to receive grants are:
- Bridge View Center, Inc. to repair the exterior LED marquee sign
- Cardinal A-Club to install a safety backstop at the Cardinal High School Softball field
- Eddyville Community Foundation to install a concrete pad for the Eddyville Pocket Park
- Food Bank of Iowa to assist with the replacement and installation of new HVAC system at the Ottumwa Distribution Warehouse
- Ottumwa Park and Recreation to re-establish a tree nursery in Memorial Park for future transplanting into other parks in the Ottumwa parks system
- Friends of the Blakesburg Public Library to assist with electrical upgrades in the library renovation project
- Iowa Babe Ruth Leagues, Inc. to assist with upgrading to LED lights at the Ottumwa Babe Ruth field
- Iowa Legal Aid to provide funding for an Employment Barriers & Expungement Clinic
- Southeast Iowa Dream Center for the installation of safety and security technology at the Southeast
- Iowa Dream Center warehouse facility
The Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund has three grant cycles each calendar year and awards up to $450,000 a year. Application eligibility requirements can be found at here. The next online application cycle opens February 1, 2021.