The Board of Directors, Staff, and Grant Review Committee members of the Legacy Foundation are pleased to announce awards totaling $150,000 to Cycle 29 Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund grant recipients. Since the first grant cycle in 2011, the Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund has awarded $4,254,087 to nonprofit organizations that serve Wapello County.
The most recent Wapello County nonprofit organizations to receive grants are:
- Cardinal Community School District and Living Hope Bible Church to implement Stop the Summer Slide, a summer reading intervention program
- Crisis Center & Women’s Shelter Inc. for HVAC replacement
- Eldon Uptown/Downtown to add a handicap accessible bathroom at 417 W. Elm, Eldon
- Friends of the Eddyville Public Library to implement Building Better Connections in a Virtual World technology
- Greater Ottumwa Vocal Arts Project, Inc. for historic window replacement at the former B’nai Jacob Synagogue
- Ottumwa Habitat for Humanity for their 2021 family home build on Ward St, Ottumwa
- Wapello County 4-H Exposition, Inc. to build an outdoor restroom and shower facility at the Wapello County Expo Grounds
- Whatsoever You Do, Inc. for Phase II equipment at the Emergency Women & Children Shelter
The Bright Ideas Community Enrichment Fund has three grant cycles each calendar year and awards up to $450,000 a year. The next online application cycle opens June 1, 2021.